Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tell 'Em Why You Mad, Perf (#1)

This is my weekly installment. Basically, we lay out a situation. Whether it be an article, a television show, a person, etc. and I tell you why it gets to me. Sometimes, it will be offensive. Most of the time, there will be many who disagree. All of the time, you will be somewhat entertained by my ecstatic sabotage of your already established thoughts or either by my overwhelming hatred for racists, sexists, [most] republicans and the like.

Without further ado, I present to you my first post: Fox News.



Fox News, known for their slogan "Fair and Balanced", upsets me on the regular. Fox News is probably the most bias news in print, on television, on the internet, etc. The "Fair and Balanced" slogan solicits much laughter when I'm flipping through the channels with friends. I'm not hating Fox News because I disagree with it, in which I do often, but because of the way the news is presented.

You can watch pretty much any clip from a news show on Fox and usually view an old, white male speak on a subject in their own conservative view. Now, I have no problems with any conservative old, white males (in fact, that's the viewership we probably would like to reach out to the most with this blog... for argument's sake) however, the rest of the world is diverse; Someone must have forgotten to give Fox the memo.

It's not just the lack of diversity amongst their 'pundits' that upsets me either. It's their presentation! You've heard it a million times: People develop perceptions based on 55% body language, 38% tone and 7% on actual words. So concerning their "Fair and Balanced" news motto, I'd have to say that at any given time that their broadcasts are actually 7% fairly balanced. Their use of condescending tones and laughter in interviews and commentary sickens me.

And sometimes they just say how they feel... even if it involves the death of a politician...


Oooh! I found a clip with a white woman! How rare!

A black politician. Oh, and Kanye should have mentioned that not only does George Bush not care about black people. Fox News is right there with him! Come on Yeezy, how could you forget?!



Bush and Fox have more in common than their disdain for black folks.

Back in 2005, some of the Fox broadcasters were accused of accepting talking points from George Bush's administration. I think this was about the time Colin Powell bailed ship. So let's put this together... The most "Fair and Balanced" news had their broadcasts influenced by the President of the United States. No matter what president was in office, any station that claims to be "Fair and Balanced" should not accept any influence from the president or any other politician.

The stations disgusting commentators range from Bill O'Reilly to Sean Hannity, both horrible people. To learn more about why their souls will burn, please read here for Bill and here for Sean. Shout out to Grambo for that website!

For fun... Here's rapper Cam'Ron and exec. Dame Dash's interview with Bill O'Reilly.



Nah, Cam, O'Reilly's just a bad person. I'm the one who's mad.

With the election only 13 days away, look for Fox News to call Obama a terrorist multiple times or use his whole name with emphasis on his middle name.

And I don't know about you but when Obama actually wins the presidency on November 4th or 5th, I'm going to tune into Fox News first... because I'll need a good laugh after such an intense day.



two times.

No comments: