Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cop Out Post - Blog Action Day

As I type, I'm listening to Obama rock McCain in this debate (look forward to our posts tomorrow.. they're gonna be good...). Basically, I couldn't come up with a worthy conversation to post for your enjoyment, comment and reflection so I'll share with you some links that I think to be either important, informative or ridiculous. I chose to focus my search specifically on black poverty. I hope this will hold you over until your cup runneth over with posts tomorrow. Here they are:

Interesting paper
about correlations between black male imprisonment and black child poverty.

Can't talk about black poverty without going back to Hurricane Katrina. Business Week offers this article.

Ooooh! An economic paper! Brings me back to my college days... like 5 months ago.

Bet you didn't know that: Tommie Smith and John Carlos both wore black socks
without shoes to protest black poverty during the medal ceremony of the 200 meter final in the 1968 Mexico City Olympics

So that's that. Stay tuned for tomorrow. It's something to look forward to

....Real quick! Check these outs: www.palinaspresident.com and this NY Times op-ed on Obama. Both are rich. Enjoy.


two times.

No comments: