Friday, January 9, 2009

Red Shirt, Blue Shirt: Verizon acquires Alltel/ Gators Make Sooner Gumbo

Hello all. I haven't written anything in a while but I realized that the deadline I need to meet for my job by today should not affect my passing of knowledge to you great people. So I return to you this new year devoid of unkept promises that many of you made over the beginning of the New Year.

So those Alltel commercials are coming to an end?! I don't really care too much about Alltel and Verizon's takeover of the smaller company. What I, like many of you, am wondering is how will this merger affect the Alltel commercials?! I don't even watch tv that often but in an era full of 'nice try but no dice' ads (ahem, Gatorade's G ads), the Alltel commercials get by with a passing grade.

I don't really know much (at all) about advertising but I do know what entertains me. Swiffer is going to have to win that award because their commercials with Player's 'Baby Come Back' are hilarious. If you disagree, you're a loser. Just kidding. You're at least not as cool and intellectual as I am however.

Ask Grambo about that advertising stuff. I'll stick with College Football. And yeah, I was right: Florida picked apart the Sooners. Though, I may end up wrong about him going in the NFL draft. Most teams can't even take the time to convince Tebow to enter the draft as they are in search of a coach.

And honestly, if you just won the national championship as a junior, was arguably the best athlete in college sports and went to UF, would you leave?! I'll go out on a limb and say that dancing on the beach and being the best at what I do would be more attractive to me than signing contracts and paying taxes and all that grown up stuff that will still be there in a year.

Tebow, Please Stay! You were College Football this season.

two times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!