Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Joe the Plumber Gets A Book Deal

Now if you remember well or have back tracked and read this blog you would see that I made this prediction. Although my usual cockiness wants to supersede my class and allow me to be like "Bla Daw! I said it first!", I will restrain myself. Not because I'm growing up and are leaving those childish antics alone (not that at all) but because, you would have to be dumb to not get a book deal after the happenings of the October 15th debate.



And Joe the Plumber is not dumb; he's very ignorant but he's not dumb.

Joe isn't going to use one of those big labels to either to publish under; he's gonna help out the little guy and spread the wealth. He says, and I quote, "I am not going to a conglomerate that way we actually can get the economy jump started. Like there is five publishing companies in Michigan. There's a couple down in Texas. They are small ones that can handle like 10 or 15,000 copies. I can go to a big one that could handle a million or two. But they don't need the help. They are already rich. So that's spreading the wealth to me," (Got that quote from here). And I'm down with all of that until he tries to justify it with the spread the wealth bs.

And I promise that I didn't make that cover up myself on Microsoft Paint. Unfortunately, that is the actual tentative book cover.

The book is slated for a December 1st drop date. That's in less than two weeks. I wonder with Joe had this book already written, trying to get famous one day and just drop it. To my knowledge, the hardest part of dropping a book is getting the publisher business settled. I doubt the plumber sat down recently and banged the whole thing out. But who knows, maybe the plumber is smarter than we all think.

Oh, and if any of you read it, let me know if it's worth reading a wikipedia summary on.


two times.

No comments: