Thursday, November 6, 2008

International Perspective.

Here are a couple of links to some international responses to the Obama victory. Seeing how I am currently abroad (bom dia from Brazil), I thought I would drop a couple of bullet points.

  • I found out on the plane. I was deep into watching "Heroes" at about 4am when the announcement blared over the loud speaker: "Just in case you were wondering (duh, of course), Barack Obama has just (just? yeah right) won the Presidency of the United States." Everyone cheered! I yelled, groggily, "BOO YA!" Not my best work, but whatever.

  • People over here love Obama. Notable quotes:
    • "America is saved, now!"
    • "Go EUA!"
    • "Obama is a good man, I think he will make things better"
    • "You look like Obama!" Why, thank you.


  • When the East Coast of the USA falls back one hour for Daylight Savings, Brazil springs forward one hour. That means you can have a time difference of 1, 2, or 3 hours from NYC.

  • I'm tired, but looking forward to going back to the states to feel the vibe. Hope it hasn't worn off already.

No comments: