Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cornel West and Al Qaeda on Obama

More than anything I want you all to be able to read up on these pieces. This post simply allows you to get to this information easier. I haven't heard much about either of these from anywhere so I thought that I'd share.

The first link comes from the Huffington Post. I don't really have anything to say about it except that I am and have always been scared for Obama to be president. Just read it here and let me know your thoughts.





The second link comes from Lorena. She sent it out to a school associated listserve that I'm apart of. Professor Cornel West appeared on Democracy Now and talked about Obama and the so-called post racial America that the media created. I only got a chance to read a chunk at the beginning of the article but I agree with him. There is no such thing as a post racial America, people. Racism will always exist. We can't keep track of or control racist thoughts and tendencies the way we can keep track of or control guns, per se. It's silly to even consider that a post racial society will ever exist. A post racial America; ridiculous. Read, listen or watch Professor West's interview on Democracy Now here.


two times.

1 comment:

julen said...

you should read/listen to the whole thing perf! it's a great interview. one of my favorite parts is where he criticizes the media's characterization of "new black leadership." He talks about the difference between jesse jackson and al sharpton as black leaders, vs. barack and corey booker being democratic leaders who are black. Very interesting distinction. All in all, cornel's brilliance never ceases to wow me.